GOLDEN Pro Finishes Topcoats are clear coats formulated with exterior-grade polymers that are compatible with most waterborne products. They are tint-able and may be blended with GOLDEN Pro Finishes Glazing Mediums to adjust gloss, working time and adhesion.
Pro Finishes™ Clear Topcoats
000D420 & 000D421
GOLDEN Pro Finishes Clear Topcoats are formulated with exterior-grade acrylic polymers and are compatible with most waterborne products. They are tintable and the Gloss and Matte sheens may be blended together to determine the final sheen.
• Single component, acrylic waterborne formulation
• Excellent, water-white clarity
• Excellent flow and leveling
• Ready to use
• Soap & water clean up
• Complies with VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) regulations in all North American jurisdictions
• Stir well before using.
• Golden Pro Finishes Clear Topcoats are formulated to maximize flow and leveling. Apply in a smooth thin layer to avoid drips, runs, and puddling in recessed areas of textured surfaces.
• The Pro Finishes Gloss and Matte Clear Topcoats may be blended in any ratio to produce a full range of sheens.
• May be tinted with Pro Finishes Tinting Dispersions, or with Pro Finishes Slow Dry Fluid Acrylics. Pro Finishes Clear Topcoats are also compatible with most universal colorants. Use high transparency pigments to maintain the transparency and clarity of the final finish. Do not add more than 10% Tinting Dispersion, Universal Colorant, or Slow Dry Fluids in combination by volume. Use of more than recommended percentage could cause a change in application characteristics or, in the case of dispersions, water sensitivity and durability of the dried finish.
• Brush, roller or spray apply.
• Thinning not required; however product may be thinned with water if needed. Thinning more than 50% may compromise working time, stability and adhesion.
• Do not mix with oil paint.
• Apply only to clean, dry, painted or primed surfaces.
• Apply at room and surface temperatures between 60° F & 95° F.
• Let dry 12 - 24 hours before over coating with other products. Allow up to 90 days for a full cure.
• Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
• For interior use.
Brush application: Use a high quality synthetic bristle brush and “tip” the wet application to ensure even coverage and leveling. Brushing too hard or too often will cause clouding or foam, so avoid overworking the same area.
Roller application: If applying to a smooth surface, apply with a foam roller in a thin even coat If applying to a textured surface, a heavier nap (3/8 inch) roller may be used to speed the transfer of material, but spread the Clear Topcoats evenly in a thin layer to avoid runs and dripping. If the Matte finish is applied too thickly it may haze due to the nature of the matting solids.
Spray Application: Spraying allows for a consistent, uniform amount of product to be applied. When spraying, wear eye protection and particulate respirator, and prevent others from coming into contact with spray mist. Thin with water 1:1 for use in an HVLP sprayer.
Brush: High quality synthetic bristle brush.
Roller: Foam roller for smooth surfaces or a 3/8 inch nap for textured surfaces.
Spray: HVLP (High Pressure Low Volume). Use manufacturer’s recommended needle and air cap for latex paints, typically 40 psi with a 1.4 – 1.8 mm tip
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 300-400 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: Touch 1 hour. Recoat in12-24 hours.
• Air movement and exchange will assist in proper drying.
• Cold weather & high humidity will slow down cure time.
Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Keep tools wet while working. Dispose of as latex paint.
• Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 45° F & 95° F.
• Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
32 fl. oz. / 946 ml can
128 fl. oz. / 3.43 l can