Golden's Pro Line Crackle Size is meant to augment the effect of the Pro Line Crackle Glaze. It is used as an undercoat with the Glaze to increase adhesion and to increase crack size in the Glaze. Prior to application, a stain blocking primer is recommended.
Pro Finishes™ Cracking Size
Description GOLDEN Pro Finishes Cracking Size is a clear size that may be used to augment the cracking effects of GOLDEN Pro Finishes Cracking Glaze. Cracking Size also makes an excellent self-leveling size for metal leaf composition and application.
• Single component, 100% acrylic waterborne formulation
• Ready to use
• Water clean up
Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface (See warning below). Glossy surfaces should be sanded dull. Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate primer/sealer.
If existing paint is in good condition, priming is not needed.
If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Cracking Size. A semi-gloss or gloss basecoat is recommend
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and- proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at –LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
• Apply to a clean and dry surface.
• For best adhesion, apply over a low absorbent base coat. • Apply Cracking Size in an even, single coat and let dry 1- 4 hours before applying Cracking Glaze.
• Additional coats of Cracking Size will further augment the cracking effect. • Apply Pro Finishes Cracking Glaze on top of the Cracking size.
• Formulated as a tacky, preparation material only, do not use stand-alone.
• Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls or furniture.
• Brush or roller apply.
• When using this product, resulting cracks vary.
• DO NOT USE with solvent-based materials
• For interior use.
• Apply at room and surface temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
Brush application: Apply in a single coat. The brushstroke direction and the amount of product applied will impact the crackle pattern.
Roller application: Roller cover thickness will determine the amount of material that is applied to the work surface. Use a 1/4” nap cover for thin applications. Increasing the nap thickness will result in heavier applications.
Brush: Soft brush suggested.
Roller: Foam roller suggested.
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 100-200 sq. ft./quart.
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: 1-4 hours.
• Air movement and exchange will assist in proper drying.
• Cold weather & high humidity will slow down cure time.
Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Keep tools wet while working. Dispose of as latex paint.
• Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 45° F & 90° F.
• Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
16 fl. oz. / 473 ml Jar
128 fl. oz. / 3.78 l Can