- Gold and other precious metal leaf is supplied in books (25 leaves), 1/2 packs (10 books or 250 leaves) and packs (20 books or 500 leaves).
- Each sheet is 85x85mm (3 3/8 inches, silver leaf is generally 90x90mm).
- Loose or Surface leaf comes with the leaves lying loose between sheets of tissue interleaving.
- Transfer or Patent leaf comes lightly attached to the interleaving so that the sheet can be picked up without touching the actual leaf.
- Double Leaf is generally 20% heavier than regular leaf.
- Glass gold leaf is checked to have as few pin holes as possible (which might show up when gilding on glass).
Since the 17th century the Manetti name has been known in Florence for the quality of their production of gold leaf. In 1820 Luigi Manetti created the Guisto Manetti Battiloro brand, beginning the evolution of modern gold beating from workshop to factory. While today Manetti is at the forefront of modern technologies in gold beating, their production is still measured against the standards set by their award winning work, viewed at the great industrial/artisanal exhibitions of the mid to late 1800’s.