This kit was assembled for gilding classes around the country and is an excellent value compared to the cost of acquiring these basic tools individually. The kit includes the following.
- 6"x 6" gilders pad and gilder's knife with protective sheath, for cutting gold and metal leaf.
- Squirrel gilder's tip for handling loose gold and metal leaf.
- Two natural hair brushes for applying gilder's gesso or clay bole.
- An agate burnisher for burnishing gold leaf on a clay ground.
- A squirrel gilder's mop for applying gilders liqueur or water size.
- Oil free steel wool, cotton, vaseline, paint stirrers, fine sand paper